What do you do with all the Valentine’s cards your kids received from V-Day? I had been trying to sneak them in the trash until I saw the idea to turn them into a place mat online. It was a big hit! I may also turn the kids National Geographic Animal Cards into place mats. I used the last of my very smushed contact paper so it was less than perfect, but just fine for what it was. In case you were wondering, contact paper is located in next to the dish section for lining the inside of cupboards.
Just pay $7.99 shipping. Get it HERE.
$5 Des Moines Buccaneers Hockey tickets for tonight’s game (when you purchase online with code GREEN)
Get it HERE.
Strawberries 16oz, $1.68
5lb bag russet potatoes, $0.88 (Friday only)
Red onion, $0.59/lb
Farmland rope sausage, $2.50
Fareway ground turkey 16oz, $2
Boneless skinless chicken breasts, $1.98/lb
4oz boneless pork top loin chops, 16 of $10 (Hy-Vee price match, Friday only)
Bird’s eye frozen veggies 10- 16oz, $0.88
1/2 gallon milk, $1.28 (limit 2, Friday only)
Store brand butter, $1.96 (limit 4)
Jif peanut butter 15.5 – 16oz, $1.48 (limit 2)
Fareway cottage bread 20oz wheat, $0.98
If it’s convenient, I’ll pick up $0.99 frozen waffles 12.3 oz on Saturday with Dahl’s price match. I like homemade frozen waffles just fine though, so I probably won’t bother.
I made this veggie/sausage recipe the other day from HERE and I loved it! So I must buy a rope sausage today, sweet potatoes, red onions, and a red pepper again!
-Red seedless grapes, $1.68/lb
-Hunts canned pasta sauce 24oz, $0.68 (Friday only)
-Store brand cottage cheese 12oz, $0.89 (Friday only)
-Peter pan peanut butter 13 – 16.3oz, $1.38 (Friday only, limit 2)
-Storebrand butter, $1.99
-16oz bacon, $1.99 (Dahl’s price match)
-Blue Bunny ice cream 1.75 qt, $2.48 (upcoming birthday, must plan ahead!)
There was $0.75 off coupon emailed to i-scream members as well.
I’m going to try roasted cabbage this week. And cucumber/cottage cheese sandwiches.
I’m setting myself up for judgement here, but oh well.
1. $6 small taco pizza from Pizza Ranch. There are 6 small pieces of pizza here and great for sharing with the kids for a special treat out. I like picking it up through the drive thru and eating at home. They used to be $5, darn it.
2. Altoona Dairy Queen has $5 lunch deals, 11 – 4pm Monday through Friday I believe. You can get 3 piece chicken fingers, fries, drink and an ice cream sundae for $5. There is also a bacon cheeseburger option that my husband likes.
3. On Mondays, Ankeny B-Bops has their burgers for $1.48 or so. A delicious gut bomb.
4. Free coffee at Chic-fil-A through the month of February
5. There’s probably something good going on at Sonic!
I’m coming off a dietbet, so these are extra appealing right now. I may start another dietbet soon!
Reserve tickets ahead of time HERE.