-Red seedless grapes, $1.68/lb
-Hunts canned pasta sauce 24oz, $0.68 (Friday only)
-Store brand cottage cheese 12oz, $0.89 (Friday only)
-Peter pan peanut butter 13 – 16.3oz, $1.38 (Friday only, limit 2)
-Storebrand butter, $1.99
-16oz bacon, $1.99 (Dahl’s price match)
-Blue Bunny ice cream 1.75 qt, $2.48 (upcoming birthday, must plan ahead!)
There was $0.75 off coupon emailed to i-scream members as well.
I’m going to try roasted cabbage this week. And cucumber/cottage cheese sandwiches.
I’m setting myself up for judgement here, but oh well.
1. $6 small taco pizza from Pizza Ranch. There are 6 small pieces of pizza here and great for sharing with the kids for a special treat out. I like picking it up through the drive thru and eating at home. They used to be $5, darn it.
2. Altoona Dairy Queen has $5 lunch deals, 11 – 4pm Monday through Friday I believe. You can get 3 piece chicken fingers, fries, drink and an ice cream sundae for $5. There is also a bacon cheeseburger option that my husband likes.
3. On Mondays, Ankeny B-Bops has their burgers for $1.48 or so. A delicious gut bomb.
4. Free coffee at Chic-fil-A through the month of February
5. There’s probably something good going on at Sonic!
I’m coming off a dietbet, so these are extra appealing right now. I may start another dietbet soon!
Reserve tickets ahead of time HERE.
Past & Current Law Enforcement, Firefighers and Military personnel offered free admission to Home and Garden Show on Friday, February 13
-5lb bag russet potatoes, $.99
-Strawberries 16oz, $1.98
-Blackberries 6oz, $1.50
-Red delicious or Washington apples, $0.99/lb
-18 ct eggs, $1.48
-John Merrill lunch meat 7oz, $2
-Store brand raisin bran 10.4 – 24oz & GM cereal, $2 (Friday only on GM)
-Chocolate milk gallon, $2.88 (limit 2)
-Store brand orange juice 64oz, $.98 (Friday only)
-Store brand bread, $0.88
-Scott toilet paper, $3.99 (Friday only)
We are just coming off our vacation high. And food coma(s). We had just a great trip visiting family in California. Our family is just the best.
I remember when we first flew to California when we just had one kid and I was a little more than stressed out to fly with him. Of course, he did great. Now, we just have two and I was nervous about the boy who doesn’t sit still. And it worked out. I even enjoyed it.
Here’s what you need need when traveling via airplane with kids.
1. Movies and charged devices to play them.
2. Special snacks they aren’t used to getting. I think chewing and drinking a sippy cup or sucking can really help getting ears popped. We also did “surprised faces” and chewing motions when my youngest didn’t want to eat. I bought a ton of milk after going through security to have on the plane because the airline we used didn’t have it on the plane and my boy has a thing for milk. It was expensive and it was worth it. It would be hard to be a happy kid if your ears hurt. Sugar free tic tacs worked great for us.
3. Toys they haven’t seen. The last 15 minutes of the flight were the most difficult for my little guy. Electronics have been put away and the excitement of being on a plane has long worn off. This is what you need to save some yet to be seen toys for! Hold out. This may also be a good time to pull out a sucker or ring pop? After they turn off the seat belt sign and you still have to wait a ton to get out of the plane is tough too. Having the kids talk to other people is helpful, or letting them push the light button was a great distraction too.
4. Don’t be stressed yourself and tell them what is going to happen. Try to walk through everything with them so they kind of know what is going on. The kids didn’t have to take off their shoes when they went through security, which was great. You can give them a little airplane to show how it takes off and have a little count down to blast off.
5. Bring a big stroller to check at the gate right before you board the plane. It’s so nice to have something with wheels to put kids and junk into to make walking around the airport way easier. We also used one car seat on the plane just as a means for comfort and familiarity on the plane. Be sure to know where it says, “approved for use in aircraft” on your car seat. We had to check our car seat at the gate because we couldn’t find that on the first flight. Also, make sure it is a narrow car seat so it’ll be more likely to fit.
Enjoy yourself. You might as well.
Not gonna lie, it is pretty nice to have diapers delivered to your door.
I signed up for this and I’m pumped, because of the free 2 day shipping at this time of year with out of town family. If someone wants to give me the gift of amazon prime for the year that’d be great too! —> Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime
You can get nearly anything from amazon. Like shark repellent.